Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saturday 4/6

Temperature: 45°F (High 49°F)
Humidity: 56%
Pressure: 1001.4 mb
Wind Speed: E 5 mph

Today is my favorite kind of day (cause I'm weird). It's warm outside, overcast, and looks like it will be raining (hopefully not snowing) by tonight. Yesterday started out sunny, but I noticed the classic warm-front related cloud progressions throughout the day. I noticed some high cirrus clouds in the morning, then early afternoon the cirrus clouds started to consolidate more into cirrostratus cloud which formed a large halo around the sun, then I knew the clouds were thickening and decreasing in altitude because the sun became a shapeless bright spot, and when I woke up today there was a thick layer of low stratus clouds which have been here all day. So at what time they will become nimbostratus is still up in the air, literally. Below is the projected forms of precipitation in the US. No more snow! No more snow!


No comments:

Post a Comment